Materials Chemistry Concentration

Chemistry majors who choose a concentration in materials chemistry must complete the following course requirements during their junior and senior years instead of the upper division requirements listed under the chemistry major:

Chemistry.104A, 104B, 120A, 120B, C150, and two laboratory courses: 105, 125, or C182; plus 108 or 115.

10 Units of Upper Division Electives.In addition to the chemistry courses listed above, 10 units of upper division electives must be completed from the following: Bioengineering C118, Chemistry C178, Materials Science and Engineering 104/L and 151, Mechanical Engineering 118, Physics 141A, Physics 141B.

Students must declare the concentration by the end of their junior year. Complete the Chemistry Concentration Declaration Form and submit it to your adviser for approval.