Chemical Engineering Minor

A minor in chemical engineering will be awarded to students who have successfully completed five upper division CBE courses as follows: 140, 141, and 150A plus any two courses selected from 142, 143, 150B, 162, 170A, 170B, 171, 176, C178, 179, 180, 182, 183, or C195A. Students who have completed courses in other departments at Berkeley that are essentially equivalent to 141 and 150A can substitute other courses from the above list. At least three of the five courses taken for the minor must be taken at Berkeley. All courses taken for the minor must be taken for a letter grade. Students must achieve at least a 2.0 GPA in the courses taken for the minor for both of the following: (1) courses taken at Berkeley and (2) courses taken at another institution and accepted by the College of Chemistry as equivalent to courses at Berkeley. For the minor to be awarded, the student must submit a notification of completion of the minor to the College of Chemistry Undergraduate Advising Office.

Note: Students must consult with their colleges/schools for information on rules regarding overlap of courses between their majors and minors.