In broad terms, research in the department can be divided into the following areas:
- Chemical Biology
- Environmental Chemistry
- Experimental Physical Chemistry
- Green Chemistry
- Interfacial & Surface Chemistry
- Materials Chemistry
- Materials & Solid State Synthesis
- Molecular Structure/Dynamics
- Physical Chemistry of Materials
- Supramolecular Chemistry
For more information about the Chemical Biology Graduate Program (CBGP), please check the website, cbgp.cchem.berkeley.edu.
Most faculty members are involved in more than one area. Click here for a list of faculty grouped by research interest.