We are delighted to announce student Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering recipients of recent scholarships and awards administered by the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE).
All winners were invited to the Annual Student Conference which included four days of career information, social events, and competitions. Student engineers celebrated the Chemical Engineering profession, along with young professional members, AIChE leaders, and industry professionals from numerous engineering specialties. Students were able to meet new friends and discover the exciting benefits of AIChE membership.
- The Freshman Recognition Award is presented to one AIChE student member in each student chapter who has been the most active in their student chapter during his/her freshman year, on recommendation of the Student Chapter Advisor.
- 1st Place -- the AIChE National Student Poster Competition for the Materials Engineering and Science division.
- The Donald F. & Mildred Topp Othmer Scholarship Award is given annually to 15 AIChE student members and includes a scholarship of $1,000. Awards are presented on the basis of academic achievement and involvement in student chapter activities.
- 1st Place - The A. McLaren White Award: Individual Category - Best Overall Design for Problem Statement “Manufacturing Facility for a Biopharmaceutical: Monoclonal Antibody”
- This distinguished, and well deserved award, is presented to one AIChE student member in each student chapter who has attained the highest scholastic grade-point average during his/her freshman and sophomore years, on recommendation of the Student Chapter Advisor.