images: courtesy of Julie Kong, B.S., ChemE, '20
Thanks to 173 donors worldwide, we received almost $1.7 million during last Thursday's 24 hour Big Give campaign. To all of you who participated in Big Give both as donors and as student volunteers, we wish to thank you, BIG-TIME, for seizing the moment. You have made a significant difference to the College. We also wish to acknowledge Tonny Soesanto (B.S. ChemE, 1980) for contributing lunch!
Because of you, we continue to be rated the #1 university in chemistry, both nationally and internationally. Our faculty are among the most widely respected scientists in the world. Our alumni go out into the world to make scientific breakthroughs of astounding magnitude and build business enterprises that make a difference in all our daily lives.
These important funds will be used for the following along with other program needs:
- Technological and safety upgrades of the student labs
- Expansion of undergraduate research opportunities
- Assistance with faculty recruitment and retention
- Providing more scholarships to improve diversity of the student population
- Expanding the undergraduate peer tutoring program
- Growing the faculty and alumni mentorship program