Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) provides mental health support to all Cal students. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, mental health consultations and appointments are being conducted virtually (e.g. phone, zoom video).
CAPS virtual Let's Talk consultations for students are free and confidential, and can be related to any personal, professional, or academic concern.
To sign up for a non-urgent virtual Let's Talk consultation, go here: https://uhs.berkeley.edu/coronavirus/mental-health-resources/virtual-let...
To get connected with formal counseling, call CAPS at (510) 642-9494. You do not need to have health insurance to see a CAPS counselor. Our counselors are equipped to help you make progress with any number of issues, including and not limited to:
- stress and anxiety
- depressed moods and low self-esteem
- procrastination, time management, and academic challenges
- family conflicts and pressures
- relationship, break-up, and intimacy issues
- challenges faced by ethnic minority students, first-generation college students, and/or undocumented students
- struggles in the "coming out" process or LGBTQI+ students
- alcohol and drug abuse
- transition, grief, and loss
- career development, exploration, and decision-making
Students with urgent mental health needs should call CAPS at (510) 642-9494 and request to speak with a crisis counselor. For after hours (nights + weekend) mental health support, call 1-855-817-5667.
Urgent mental health resources: https://uhs.berkeley.edu/counseling/urgent