Module 1: Atoms and Molecules
Upon completion of this module, you will be able to
- Describe the basic structure of atoms and their nuclei and mass.
- Describe the basic operation of a Mass Spectrometer and the information in a mass spectrum.
- Convert between the number of atoms or molecules of a substance and its relative mass (the mole concept).
- Balance chemical equation and calculate theoretical yields and limiting reagents.
- Determine the empirical formula of a compound from chemical data.